Bachelor of Communication (Honours)
The core of the School’s undergraduate programme is a four-year degree of Bachelor of Communication (Honours) programme, which comprises general education courses, general electives and major studies preparing students for roles in a wide range of media, creative and communication career.
From 2016 Year 1 intake & 2018 Year 3 intake onwards, the following Majors/Concentrations are offered:
- Animation and Media Arts Concentration
- Film and Television Concentration
- Chinese Journalism Concentration
- Data and Media Communication Concentration
- International Journalism Concentration
*Starting from 2017 Year 1 & 2019 Year 3 intake onwards, Chinese Journalism and International Journalism students are required to specialise in one of the following three streams: Broadcast Journalism, Financial Journalism or General Stream.
Public Relations and Advertising Major
- Advertising and Branding Concentration
- Organizational Communication Concentration
- Public Relations Concentration
For more information about this programme, please visit
Double Degree Programmes
The University of Queensland (For 2019/20 Year 1 intake onwards)
- Bachelor of Communication
- Bachelor of Journalism
Top-up degree programmes
In collaboration with the School of Continuing Education’s College of International Education, the School of Communication offers the following self-financed undergraduate programmes:
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Creative Writing for Film, Television and New Media – This programme concentrates on creative writing and professional scripts for feature films, television/web serial dramas, variety shows, and new media such as mobile phone TV, film/video, web film, video games, 3D-animation, and digital radio broadcasting.
- Bachelor of Social Sciences (Honours) in Integrated Communication Management – The programme provides students with academic and practical knowledge and skills concerned with marketing-related communication management.
- Bachelor of Social Sciences (Honours) in Media and Social Communication - The programme is designed to develop student’s understanding of media communication process in the context of changing society and media environment, as well as their understanding of such process in the trend of globalisation.
Higher diploma Programmes
- Higher Diploma in Creative Film Production – This programme aims at whole person education through professional practice. It emphasises professional training in film production with nourishment in creativity, aesthetics, and humanity literacy, offering the following six specialisations:
- Acting Techniques
- Art Direction
- Cinematography and Lighting
- Editing and Sound Mixing
- Script Writing
- Taught Postgraduate Programmes
- Master of Arts in Communication
- Master of Arts in International Journalism Studies
- Master of Arts in Producing for Film, Television and New Media
- Master of Fine Arts in Film, Television and Digital Media
- Master of Science in AI and Digital Media
- Master of Social Sciences in Media Management
Research Postgraduate Programmes - Master of Philosophy in Communication
- Doctor of Philosophy in Communication
List of Research Postgraduate Students