Undergraduate Programmes and Higher Diploma
Undergraduate degree programme
The core of the School’s undergraduate programme is a four-year degree of Bachelor of Communication (Honours) programme, which comprises general education courses, general electives and major studies preparing students for roles in a wide range of media, creative and communication career.
For 2015 and previous intakes, Majors available:
For 2016 intake, Majors available:
For 2017 intake onwards, the programme offers the following Majors/Concentrations:
- Animation and Media Arts Concentration
- Film and Television Concentration
- Chinese Journalism Concentration
- Data and Media Communication Concentration
- International Journalism Concentration
*Chinese Journalism and International Journalism students could also opt to specialize in one of the following three steams: Broadcast Journalism, Financial Journalism or General.
Public Relations and Advertising Major
- Advertising and Branding Concentration
- Organizational Communication Concentration
- Public Relations Concentration
For more information about this programme, please visit
Top-up degree programme
These self-funded programmes are jointly run by the School of Communication and the Collage of International Education of HKBU. For Association Degree and related Higher Diploma Graduates.
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Creative Writing for Film, Television and New Media – This programme cultivates students’ creativity and originality in both new and traditional media convergence in an era of globalization.
- Bachelor of Social Sciences (Honours) in Integrated Communication Management – The course provides students with academic and practical knowledge and skills related to marketing, event planning and communication management.
- Bachelor of Social Sciences (Honours) in Media and Social Communication - The programme equips students with academic training and advanced practical skills for the profession of media, social communication and related fields.
- Professional Programme in Film – This course covers skills and knowledge of script writing and directing, production techniques, post-production and acting for film and television.